Tuesday, July 24, 2012

photo memories

I LOVE photos. I love taking them, editing them, looking at them and displaying them.


I especially love taking photos of the kids. They are easy subjects to capture. 


But what to do with all these photos?


I have quite a few large, bulky, photo albums where the photos printed were 6x4. These are great memories to look back on. But we now live in a digital world, where it is easy to take 100 photos of pretty much the same thing. I don't want to give my kids 100 bulky photo albums to take with them when they leave home, so instead I have created a photo book for each child. 


I have only made 2 thus far, covering years from their birth to their 2nd birthday, and it sure was hard sorting through the 1000's of photos, then editing the selected ones to make a photo book. Needless to say it took hours. But I am SO glad I did. Two years are now presented in a compact landscape A4 photo book. Even if they had 10 or more photo books to take with them when they leave home, it would be a lot less bulky then my big, chunky photo albums.


It is also worth finding a good quality photo book company. I highly recommend The Photobook Club. Every so often they send fantastic deals via email that make it worth it. Even if it gets printed wrong, they will replace it, free of charge. 


A picture really does tell a thousand words, and I'm so glad that we have these photo memory books to show for it!



1 comment:

  1. It's still hard not to be able to put in every great photo! But I do love these books - they are a great way to keep a record of the best photos, in a really good format, and without taking up too much room :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete