Tuesday, September 4, 2012

kids craft: shell crabs

As you know I am a beach lover and I thought it would be quite fitting to do a kids craft in relation to something beachy!! I cannot claim this idea as my own, but as my mothers. We were staying at her house (which happens to be by the beach) and she suggested we make shell crabs!! How cool!!! Why can't I think of exciting ideas like that?!

Anyway, they are really quite simple to make and very cheap. All you need to do is:

1. Go shell finding at the beach. Doesn't sound too hard right? Well we ended up going to 4 different beaches to get biggish size ones. Collect different shapes and sizes to make your crab collection fun!

2. Eyes and legs. Head on down to your local cheap store or craft store and pick up some eyes and felt. For the legs, we did a design of a diamond on a rectangle. The long rectangle is glued under the shell, while you cut the diamond in to little legs.




3. Put him/her together. Glue on the eyes, glue on the legs and presto! you have your own little shell crab family.



If you wanted to be more crafty or exciting, give each one a personality. Maybe one with crazy hair, one with glasses, one with a moustache etc. Kids will love the fact they made them and will be entertained playing with their little crab family :)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I bet the kids love them :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally cute! Great idea. I love your ideas Jessima. I can't wait until Hallie is old enough for me to do things like this with her!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I think they have lots of personality, even without adding anything else :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete