Thursday, February 28, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes...

Children learning to talk = some pretty funny/random conversations :)  Here are some from Maggie over the past few months.  It's so funny to hear what they've picked up and their (sometimes a little warped) understandings of things!! :)

Maggie:  Daddy I play with the boys!
James:  Oh, are you too fast for the girls?
Maggie:  Mmm...
James:  Were the girls princesses?
Maggie:  No, daddy!  They not princesses! - They wearing jeans!!!


Abby:  Thankyou so much, Maggie!
Maggie: (patting my arm) Great manners, Mummy!!


Ana brought me Maggie's red baseball cap with Elmo on it, and I put it on for her.
Maggie:  Oh, Mummy look!  Ana's a man!  Ana's a man!!


(this next one was during the 'toilet training' phase - hence my urgency with the 'answer me!!' lol)
Maggie (in the back seat of the car): Mummy! my botton!
Abby:  What's wrong with your bottom?
Silence.
Abby:  Maggie?!  Do you need to go to the toilet?!  We can stop at a toilet if you need one??
Silence.
Abby:  Is your bottom sore?!  Maggie, are you okay?  Answer me!  Do we need to stop at a toilet?
Maggie:  It's okay.
Abby:  Are you sure?
Maggie:  Yes.  My botton okay....  My botton is very happy, Mummy! :)


Maggie:  Mummy, look!  My knees!
Abby:  Oh, yes, what about them?
Maggie:  My knees so happy! :) 
Abby:  That's great, Maggie!
Maggie:  Yeah, they mucking around... (walks off)


Maggie: (as James ran into the shops and the girls and I waited in the car):  Daddy!  Don't go!!!  Oh Mummy, I wanted to speak with him!!

Maggie (singing along to 'Dancing in the moonlight'):  Danc-ing in the mirror!!

This morning I had told Maggie to leave a tube of Paw Paw Ointment that was on James' bedside.  I told her she wasn't to touch it.  I thought she and Ana were playing in her room just now, but when I went to check on them, only Ana was there! - I turned around to see where Maggie was, and I found her in our room, covered in a now half-empty tube of Paw Paw Ointment.  Once she was cleaned up, I sat her out in the lounge room and we talked about what she had done.  
Abby:  Maggie, you did the wrong thing by going back in and playing with that ointment.
Maggie: Mummy, you gave me no choice!  (shaking her head) You gave me no choice, Mummy.


Abby:  Guess what, Maggie?!  It's Mummy's birthday tomorow!
Maggie: (waving her hands in front of her) No, no, no, no, no.  No, Mummy - it's Aunty Bethy's birthday tomorow.
Abby: *pause*... um... no.  It's my birthday.
Maggie:  Then it's Hallie's birthday.  It's not your birthday



Mummy:  The baby in my tummy is a boy, like Daddy!
Maggie:  No, Daddy’s not a boy.  He’s a big man king!
James:  Yes, but I started out as a little boy.  And the little brother in Mummy’s tummy is a little tiny boy, but when he grows up like Daddy, he’ll be a big man king too!  And you’re a little girl, -
Maggie: No I’m a big girl.
James:  Well, sort of.  You’re a big girl, and when you grow up, you’ll be a queen just like Mummy!
Maggie: (gasp!) – and I’ll get to wear earrings!!

Maggie:  Mummy I love you SO MUCH!!!
Abby:  Maggie I love YOU so much!! And Ana I love YOU so much!!!
Maggie:  You love Maggie Girl and Ana Banana?
Abby:  Yes, my two beautiful girls :)
Maggie:  Mummy we not beautiful.
Abby:  Of course you are.
Maggie:  But we wearing pyjamas.
Abby:  You're still beautiful.
Maggie:  But they pants, Mummy.
Abby:  You're still beautiful.
Maggie:  MUMMY! We NOT beautiful!  We wearing PANTS!!!!
Abby:  Honey it doesn't matter what you're wearing!
Maggie:  We wearing pants.
(5 minutes later, Maggie still muttering)
Maggie:  We wearing pyjamas... we are not beautiful... they pants!


Me: (serenading to the girls while they were eating their breakfast)
Maggie:  Mummy! Please stop singing - we're trying to eat!


(Maggie pushing buttons on my 'locked' phone)
Abby:  What are you doing there, Maggie?
Maggie:  Just texting.
Abby:  Oh!  Who are you texting??
Maggie:  Aunty Tammy.
Abby:  Oh... how is she?
Maggie:  She's good.
:)

James (pointing to my very 'outie' belly button when Maggie was snuggling my belly/her brother):  Maggie, what's that??
Maggie:  That's Baby Brother's finger!! :)

Maggie and Ana run out of Maggie's room together - Maggie over-acting scared, Ana obviously thrilled and giggly...
Maggie:  Mummy!!! There's a monster in my room!! The monster tried to get Ana and Maggie!!!
Ana:  (giggle)
Abby:  What did you do?!
Maggie:  We ran away!!!  But when Daddy comes home, he will get it, Mummy!  He will save us!!
Ana:  Daddy! :)
Abby:  Yes dear, Daddy always saves us.
Maggie:  'Cause he's the man!!! :)  

Me: sitting at the breakfast table with my head down, exhausted after no sleep (thanks, SJ), enjoying closing my eyes and not being on my feet for a few minutes...
Maggie:  Mummy, what's wrong?!
Me: (startled out of my doze) Oh!  Nothing, honey.  I'm just a bit tired.  Cause the baby needs to wake up at night and eat some food, and I just -
Maggie:  No, Mummy.  I will say "Mummy, what's wrong?!" and you will say "Nothing, Maggie!", okay?
Me:..... um.. okay...
Maggie:  Mummy, what's wrong?!
Me:  Nothing, Maggie!
Maggie:  That's great! :) (smiles sweetly at me, then goes back to eating her breakfast).

Maggie (very seriously, holding my face in her hands):  Mummy, I love your eyebrows.
Me: Oh... thankyou.
Maggie:  They look very cute on you.

:)
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up!
    She's just one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are BEAUTIFUL! and seriously hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, Maggie cracks me up! I love hearing her talk and use her grown up conversation skills :P When Ana develops more of a vocabulary, it will be hilarious to listen to their conversations together :P
    xoxox
    PS. Maggie, NOW it's my birthday!! (But I'm cool with celebrating it twice :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Through the eyes of Maggie is always interesting, and frequently very funny! I'm with Betts - I look forward to the conversations you are going to overhear between them as time goes on :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ada banyak sekali permain judi slot online android yang bisa dimainkan di sana diantara lain seperti Dragon Fishing, Gold Dragon, Classic Mario, Lucky Phoenix, Guan Gong, Burglar, CashMan, dan masih ada yang lainnya. Kalau kami sebutkan semua di sini, akan ada banyak sekali dan mungkin anda sendiri akan bingung melihatnya.

    Jadi untuk lebih mudah hanya disebutkan sebagian saja, salah satunya ialah tembak ikan yang bisa dimainkan. Sebagian dari pemain atau pembaca juga sudah mengetahui tentang game judi tembak ikan online uang asli bukan? Dimana player bisa menembak ikan dengan tujuan mencari keuntungan.slot1628

    ReplyDelete