Thursday, March 28, 2013

I Will Help You!!!

The girls play a very noble game that they invented themselves, and it makes me laugh.

One of them will go and get themselves 'stuck'.  This can involve climbing onto a table, under a bed, under the covers, or anywhere really!  One day recently (when I had camera in hand), it was standing behind the coffee table.

Ana stood behind the coffee table, and called out, "Hep, 'Aggie!!  Hep!!!" (Yup that's how she says 'Maggie' - she has a thing with leaving off the first sound in words :) - it's adorable now, and we're assuming she'll starting using them as she gets older...)

Hearing the cry, Maggie gets all excited, calls out "I will help you!!!" and runs over.  On this particular day they were concurrently playing dress ups, so she was running in heels (that's my girl lol), and had to stop to carefully place her handbag down, but they did look fabulous, so I'm sure they'd say it was worth the trouble ;)


(sorry - I had the camera on some funny setting and the pictures are really terrible!)


Maggie took her sister by the hand, and led her out from behind the coffee table, 'saving' her!  They take this game very seriously, as you can tell by Maggie's very serious and worried expression (drama, drama! :))




 Ana is led out of danger (in one of the blurriest photos ever snapped) and they both breathe a sigh of relief.




But the next thing you know, Maggie's gone and gotten herself stuck in the same spot! ...




... And it's Ana's eager little cry of "I hep you!" you can hear as she runs back over to save her sister :)

There follows the "Ana you saved me!" exclamations and grateful hugs.




The thrills of being rescued and of playing 'the rescuing hero' keep them going all day in different places!

So if you're ever in distress, call us - I don't know any other knights in shining armour who'll come running in such style! ;)

6 comments:

  1. This is, I think, one of the most adorable things I have ever seen! So cute and so touching :)

    xo Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what a great game! Everyone gets to feel good :P
    And they do look fabulous don't they! Such style these two have.
    I love the dramatic thank yous and hugs at the end, lol. These two crack me up!! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very 'damsel in distress' are their outfits!? Love the shoes, love the pearls, love the bags.. love everything! :) Lol I love the photos. That last one is a classic! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, they are both so adorable. I loved reading about your girls and their wonderful game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to read of children who actually have imaginations when so many seem not to. Such adorable girls, your photos reminded me of the time my sister and I spent dressing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post brings back memories, the best times were playing dress ups.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete