Wednesday, April 24, 2013

1000 Awesome Things

For Christmas last year, my Aunty Leah sent me this book:


Not only did I love it, but I was also excited to see that the book is actually based on the blog 1,000 Awesome Things, written by Neil Pasricha and which has won the Webby Award (for the best blog in the world, seriously, lol!).  And it really is an awesome blog.  He's a witty and funny, and each day he posts about one of lifes small pleasures, that - if you remember to notice and acknowledge it - is completely awesome.  From managing to peel your orange in one go, to arriving at your destination just as the perfect song finishes on the radio, to the cold side of your pillow, the smell of a bakery, or finding five dollars in your coat pocket.  There's the perfect mix of  'feel-good optimism' and humour and you often find yourself laughing and thinking 'yeah, I don't know if I've ever really thought about that before, but it is totally awesome!'

Anyway, I came across this TED talk with the author where he tells the story of how his life lead him to start the blog and the success as it all took off. It's poignant and funny in parts, and I really enjoyed it -




So, what tops your list of 'Awesome'?

xo Tammy

10 comments:

  1. Just went to his blog, love it, and am now craving a chip sandwich like crazy!!! :) Love your community/world community posts Tamster!! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Everytime I read from the book I find myself going 'oh yeah. That totally IS awesome.... I wish I was doing that right now...' :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sucking 1 hour out of my life. I have been so engrossed in that 1000 website, I din't realize until the clock struck eleven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Sorry Nina. It's a fun website though, don't you think?! :)

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading the book and loved this talk Tams, thank you! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I haven't listened to the talk yet but I did check out the website!! Totally got engrossed in it too.

    I don't know if he's said this, but I think it's awesome when the leftovers fit just perfectly into the container you've selected!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy, What a fantastic blog, thanks for sharing it. There goes another couple of hours of my day!Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Thanks Barbara, me too - that was Tammy's post! :)

      Delete
  6. How wonderful that a book should have come from a blog like this, thanks for the recommendation of both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He deserves all the accolades, what a nice man and a great story.

    ReplyDelete