Thursday, May 2, 2013

Any Musicians Out There??

When I was writing a post last Friday, I was reminded of this - one of the funniest things my little viola playing self has ever seen.  It really, really struck a chord (bahaha... or 8.. ;)) with me, and I love it (even though yes Mum, he's not being particularly polite.. he does sound a little bitter... poor cellist!).  If you don't play a stringed instrument you might not find it as funny, but... it really, really is :)

Technically this song was written for 3 violins and a cello - no viola part, but violas usually pick up the 3rd violin part.  I have been in groups where there was no cello, and I ended up having to play those 8 notes 54 times, so I'm feeling his pain! - But I have to say it's one of my all time favourites too - it's just beautiful.

Music fans of any genre, on behalf of the classical world, you're welcome for all of your favourite songs, and sorry for his little bit of rudeness at the end!  But this deserves its own post:


6 comments:

  1. This STILL cracks me up every time I see it, lol! So funny :) I especially love the 'Where's your VHS special: Hits of 1778?!' :)

    Although what always makes me laugh the most is noting that he's playing those same 8 chords beneath his entire 5 minute bit.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that video!! It's so true!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Youtube works for me again I am going to watch this :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me laugh! I've just passed the Very Inspiring Blogger Award on to you. Congratulations. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award from Barbara.

    Ha, Ha I loved the video even though I like Pachelbel Cannon D, I take his point it is repetitive.

    ReplyDelete